Homeopathy and Behavioural Issues
Behavioural disturbances can take many forms, including autism, ADD, ADHD, PDD and other Autism Spectrum disorders. However, often (if not invariably), they are the product of actual traumas to the system, which place it in shock, weakening the immune system and calling forth a response from the organism to defend itself (which produces most of the symptoms we notice). This is much like a shell-shocked soldier coming back from war.
The list of potential and actual shocks to the system is virtually endless, particularly if we include the host of interventions by the modern medical system (some necessary and even life-saving in some extreme cases, but shocks to the system nonetheless).
These can fall into one or the other of the following categories:
• Inherited weaknesses in terms of the (ill) health of the parents and earlier generations.
• Stresses and traumas during pregnancy (amniocentesis, drugs, antibiotics, poor diet, emotional stresses, accidents)
• Birth interventions (induction, epidural, episiotomy, forceps, suctionning, drugs, C-section)
• Vaccinations, particularly the ones within the first few months and years, and notably shortly after birth.
• Accidents (broken bones, concussions, spinal injuries, deep wounds, etc)
• Emotional shocks (deaths, frights, fears, suppressed emotions. etc.) of any sort - it is the reaction of the person rather than the actual shock itself that is more important.
• Iatrogenic diseases - drugs, antibiotics, surgeries.
• Poor diet and exposure to various chemicals.
• Inherited diseases that affect how the genetic code functions within each child.
How can Homeopathy help?
If we take a holistic perspective and examine each person as an individual, we find that each manifests an individual and unique set of symptoms. The complexity of the homeopathic medical chest of over 4000 remedies allows everyone to be treated with the remedy that best suits their individual symptom complexes. Such a remedy can spark a chain reaction of healing and rebalancing within the body to restore mental, emotional and physical wellbeing.
Homeopathy offers an alternative to toxic prescription drugs. The homeopathic holistic approach examines the symptoms of each part of the person, and the conditions around those symptoms, and tries to find a homeopathic remedy that best covers the unique characteristics of the person and their complaint, in order to rebalance them at their core and allow the body to correct itself.