Homeopathy and Urinary Problems
Most people will suffer from a urinary tract problem at some point in their life. Most commonly (and especially in women), it is a bacterial infection of some part of the urinary tract (also known as a "UTI"), but problems can also arise for other reasons, such as kidney stones or injury.
Common symptoms of a urinary problem include:
• Burning with urination (dysuria). This is the most common symptom of a urinary tract infection.
• Frequent urge to urinate without being able to pass much urine (frequency).
• Urgent need to urinate (urgency).
• Feeling like you cannot completely empty your bladder.
• Blood in the urine (hematuria). Your urine may look red, brown, or pink. Blood in the urine may occur after intense exercise, such as running or bicycling.
• Leaking urine (incontinence).
• Cloudy, bad-smelling urine.
How can Homeopathy help?
Homeopathy has been shown to be very effective in treating problems with the urinary tract, relieving discomfort and encouraging quick recovery. The remedies may help patients get through an existing or recurrent urinary tract infection without the use of antibiotics, and can even speed up the breakdown and expulsion of stones. A homeopathic medicine will enhance resistance to infection by stimulating your immune system so that the illness can be resolved as rapidly and with as little discomfort as possible. Homeopathic medicines do not interfere with your immune system, or try to be a secondary immune system in the way conventional drugs do, but rather they work alongside it by enhancing your body's natural ability to heal itself.